Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stupid Parents

I don't know when parenting skills went completely down the toilet but they sure have. We are raising some of the most spoiled rotten, disrespectful, arrogant, immature brats! Not all, but a majority. There is no discipline. They are allowed to speak to adults in such and insolent manner that it's appalling. Instead of parents and grandparents being mortified, THEY THINK IT'S CUTE. Which in turn shows the kids that it's acceptable. I don't get it. I was spanked as a child. Not excessively, but I did know what was expected of me and the repercussions if I didn't follow those expectations. I was respectful to ANY adult I encountered. We weren't brought up to expect everything we wanted. We didn't get a trophy if we didn't win. And, we sure as hell didn't get a present when we went to someone else's birthday party! We are raising a generation of children who don't know how to honestly work for anything. They aren't being taught responsibility or that if you don't succeed at something, you keep working at it. They are used to Mommy and Daddy swooping in, scooping them up and taking care of it for them. All the while letting them know that it's not their fault. It's going to be interesting when they find themselves in the adult world and they commit a crime or don't do what they are supposed to in their line of work. There won't be anyone there to pick up the pieces, they will just start pointing fingers because god forbid it should be their doing. I weep for the future because these are the little a-holes that are going to be taking care of us. It's too bad there isn't sterilization at birth because, as Green Day would say, only stupid people are breeding.

No comments: